Transition Assistance Advisor
Transition Support: Getting you out of the run around!
Have you recently separated from the military or soon will? Have you recently returned from a deployment? Do you have a service-related injury or healthcare issue? Perhaps you're looking for someone to show you how to get back into the swing of civilian life. Getting to know your state Transition Assistance Advisor means you'll have reliable, professional support whenever you need it, whatever the circumstance.
Transition Assistance Advisors (TAAs) work with other agencies to build a state network of support with Veterans Affairs and community organizations for Service members and their families to access in their community.
Your Transition Assistance Advisor will:
1. Help you cut through the red tape. We provide information and assistance to Service members and their families to help them understand and access state and federal benefits as well as services through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Veterans Business Administration (VBA) Military Health System and the Department of Labor.
2. Meet your Post-Military needs. We coordinate with VA, TRICARE, Veteran Service Organizations, and other federal, state and community resources to provide important information and help with obtaining services to meet your needs.
3. We advise members and their families about available VA entitlements and available resources in their communities.
4. We can help you obtain your military records which are needed to receive most benefits.
5. Strive to be your personal problem solver. We research and resolve issues associated with entitlements whenever you or your family members encounter problems.
6. Get the right folks involved when you need their help. We advise the Joint Forces Headquarters and coordinate with Family Support Specialists, Employer Support Group to give you the access to entitlements available through Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Labor and other veterans' entitlement and benefit programs.
Contact your Transition Assistance Advisor today!