Family Readiness Support Assistants
Family Readiness Support Assistant's (FRSAs) Mission
To support commanders in the development and sustainment of their unit's Family Readiness Group.
Family Readiness Support Assistant (FRSA)
What can a FRSA do for your unit?
- Serve as the Unit Commander's liaison
- Assist volunteers in unit's FRG development and implementation
- Provide guidance and schedule trainings for FRG volunteers and military leadership
- Support commanders in addressing any volunteer issues
- Support units in preparation for unit Family Readiness inspections
- Track unit's Family Readiness status and advise commander
- Provide hands-on assistance with newsletters, telephone trees, events and answer any questions
- Assist with required Annual Family Readiness briefings
- Provide Assistance to Rear Detachment Commanders during times of deployment
Family Readiness Groups
Family Readiness Group (FRG)
- The FRG is the unit commander's program, used as a tool to connect families to the unit and each other
- Conducted in partnership with service members, families, community members, volunteers and civilian employers
- Develops strong and resilient families
- Supports families during separations due to drill weekends, annual trainings, military schools, state active duty and deployments
FRG Mission: Assist commanders in preparing families for mission and life readiness
- By building information networks for unit families
- By providing opportunities for unit families to meet and build friendships
- By educating and informing families about benefits, programs, resources and unit missions
Anyone Can Belong to the FRG!
- Spouses - Service Members - Parents - Significant Others
- Siblings - Co-Workers - Retirees - Community Members - Employers
Volunteer Positions: If you have a talent, strength or a hobby you can use to help support your unit's FRG, you are welcome to volunteer.
FRG Volunteer Job Descriptions
Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement
Would you like to volunteer with your FRG? Visit with your FRSA to find out how!