The mission of the Citizen Soldier for Life program is to maintain a ready and resilient force capable of accomplishing state and federal missions by connecting ARNG Soldiers, dependents, veterans and retirees with financial and career education plus employment opportunities throughout the Soldiers Life Cycle (SLC).
The goal of the Citizen Soldier for Life program is to boost the resiliency of the ARNG force by enhancing military and civilian career opportunities and developing financially literate, transition ready and employable Soldiers.
Career Readiness Counselors (CRCs)
Deliver Career Readiness Standards (CRS) to Soldiers throughout the SLC with emphasis in the initial phase of service. Career Readiness Standards (CRS) are a DoD set of mandated requirements to prepare Soldiers with the knowledge, tools and skills needed to achieve their individual career goals. To meet CRS, Army National Guard Soldiers must complete the following:
- Complete an Individual Self-Assessment
- Basic Resume Development
- Complete an Individual Development Plan (IDP) in AKO
- Register on VA eBenefits
- Prepare a 12-month budget spend plan
- Receive Financial Literacy Training: Blended Retirement System
- Receive Financial Literacy Training: Initial Entry Training